-->

backup content


XHICUTE - GADDAFI


Xhicute, the self-acclaimed "Crowned Prince of the Streets" has proven beyond doubts to be the future King of street music by dropping this hot new jam titled "Gaddafi" The latest Street Anthem for all lovers of street music. A pure African sound. Xhicute is one of the streets most loved artist, and usually reffered to as the "Voice Of The Streets" and thats the reason behind the #Gaddafi hashtag trend.


Download Audio

An Interview with Xhicute, the Gaddafi crooner.

- August 30, 2017
advertise here


An Interview with the Gaddafi crooner, an unsigned talented rapper Moses well known by his stage name Xhicute a lyrical kingkong, from Benue. Xhicute recently droped a fresh cypher 'Gaddafi' and this gat the streets talking and asking 'What's the meaning of the Gaddafi?'. So we got the news and decided to ask him the real reason behind the Gaddafi name, Xhicute is one of the streets most loved artist and mehn! He's gat the fire.



What’s you full name?
My name is Moses Ochulayi Ajibo

What’s your stage name?
My stage/entertainment name is xhicute (pronounced as "execute")

What inspired your passion for music and who has been there supporting you from
the beginning?

Music was born with me, same way i was born with a Heart. My parents told me i use to compose rhymes even as an infant. As a growing child, i started composing and writing songs. So basically, music has been part of me. The more i try to run from it, the more am stuck to it. But what really inspired me to start it up as a career is the fact that i can actually transform the lives of people through music. My Family has been my number one support from Day 1 till now.

Who have you always dreamt of working with and why?
Olamide. That guy is the definition of modern day Afro Street Music. But if i'm to do a Gospel collabo it would be Frank Edwards. He gat that vibes that i love.

How would you go about accomplishing this?
If you are a true fan of Olamide, you would realize that he loves pure sounds from the streets. I think i have that pure sounds and vibes. The only stressful part is getting him to listen to my sound. But if he does, he would be willing to work with me because he also cherish raw talent. So i'm just gonna work on getting my sounds across to him. I wunt tell you how am gonna do that though but trust me, you will hear about a collabo soon.

So.... Whats the real reason for the crazy 'Gaddafi' name you gave to your latest song?
Hahaha... Crazy yeah?? Don't allow Libyans Lay hold of you. Well, I've always written songs that have positive vibes and message. But my only issue has been how i would make this songs stick to the lips of people. Nigerians or let me say, the modern day human loves slangs and words with deeper meaning. Words that would be used on a daily. I wanted to create such trends through my music. Because that's one way i can actually stick my songs on the lips of people. Gaddafi was the first thing that came to my mind. I didn't have a second thought. I knew that was what i needed. But it was a tough one for me. The task was for me to link the whole Gaddafi title with the message in my song. I have to do a whole lot of research about Gaddafi. I spent sleepless night researching. I later found some interesting things about Him that reflects our day to day life. I didn't praise Gaddafi in the song, i only made major reference to him. Anyone who listens to the Gaddafi song and is a good scholarwould be able to relate to it. Funny enough, after my research i got to realize i had some similar life experience same as Gaddafi while he was growing up. The Gaddafi song talks about my life. But basically, the whole Gaddafi title was to set a trend. As you can see, the word Gaddafi is gradually sticking to the lips of people and the song is not yet out. This is one way people would get to hear the message in the song. You can call it "Entertainment Secrets"

As you are starting out your career in the music industry what steps do you plan on taking to reach your goal?
Firstly, I always acknowledge God and ask for His direction.
I need to work hard, real hard.
I need to be creative.
I need to be consistent
I need to be a fast and good learner.
I need to be humble
I need money. Hahaha.
I need to build up myself.
I need to be unique also.
I need a whole lot of steps.

Being great is not for soft minded people. I need to grow up if i really wanna be great.

Meet Xhicute On Facebook

Advertisement


EmoticonEmoticon

 

Start typing and press Enter to search